Know Your Heart Health: Fun Facts & Tips
February 9, 2016
The more you know, the more likely you’ll make better choices for your heart. That’s why we’re excited to share interesting and helpful facts and tips that will make you love your heart that much more! You don’t want to miss out these fun facts and tips in Heart Health Month!
1. We always knew music was good for the soul, but who knew it was this good for your heart health?
2. Wine enthusiasts, rejoice! But remember, everything in moderation. Cheers!
The alcohol and certain substances in red wine called antioxidants may help prevent coronary artery disease, the condition that leads to heart attacks. But remember, exceed alcohol is definitely harmful to heart health. All in all, antioxidants are not the 100% ingredient in wine.
3. All you need is to jog for 150 minutes a week – that’s 2 hours and 30 minutes! You and your heart can do it.
4. Or 60 minutes (aka 1 hour) per week of intense exercise. Think high intensity training (HIIT).
5. Your heart is powerful. Emotionally and physically!
6. Who knew the heart could be so big?
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to get tips and facts every day this month, or check back here each week during Heart Health Month to get the weekly roundup.